The CIC PSTA is up and running for this 2016-2017 school year. This year we count on a great group of parents, students, and teachers very eager to make this year a memorable experience for all at CIC.
The PSTA supports our school’s educational goals by:
- Organizing school-wide educational and social events to support school curriculum and to build a strong school community.
- Raising money to support school projects.
- Providing parent volunteers to meet needs within the school.
- Supporting the Room Parents of the Elementary Program.
Some of our projects for this year:
- Continue to improve our parent outreach project through the school website, monthly newsletters and a series of events to bring together the CIC Community. Some of these events this year are: The Welcome Back BBQ, our Halloween Carnival, The Festival of Lights, Holiday Bazaar, Valentines “Fun Day Sundae”, Spring Fling, Cultural or fun trips, Coffee Hours, English Language Classes, Lunch Group, Culinary Club, Exercise Class and Friday Mini Bazaars, etc.
- Getting parents, students, teachers and administrators together for small projects to improve the school environment, encouraging communication between existing parent groups and providing a liaison to help new families acclimate to the CIC community and Venezuela.
We encourage everyone in the CIC community to get involved and make a difference. If you are interested, or need more information, please contact any of the PSTA officers. We now have a FACEBOOK address – PSTA join us to keep abreast of all our activities. We also encourage everyone to submit ideas, questions, and feedback – we have a mailbox in the Elementary Office – or via e-mail. We are looking forward to hearing from you or seeing you at our next meetings!
If you have any questions regarding any of the activities or would like to get involved please contact:
Diana Mederos, Community Liaison