Colegio Internacional de Caracas
PAKMAIL 6030, PO BOX 025304
Miami, FL 33102-5304.
+58 (212) 945-0533
CIC is an excellent place to collaboratively teach and continuously learn. We place a premium on finding teachers who have intellectual curiosity, the ability to relate positively to others in the school community, and who commit themselves to teach and learn from other faculty members and students.
Exploring this website you will learn a great deal about CIC, our faculty, our students and the campus. If you have a specific question, send an email to the Superintendent, Josh Centra at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our expectation is that all our teachers will become directly involved in the academic and non-academic life of the school.
Our departments work very hard to continually improve and modify our curriculum. This takes everyone’s commitment to enhancing constructive dialogue among colleagues. This commitment is especially important because we are making a concerted effort to adhere to the dictates of the IB Middle Years and IB Diploma Programs in terms of integrating our curriculum across academic disciplines. The Elementary School has an inquiry-based program.
Our extracurricular programs run the gamut from athletics to Fine Arts to our Model UN. We expect that every teacher finds a way to make these programs better. Equally as important are the efforts that each of us expends in order to make the school an enjoyable place to be. Our students and faculty find the school to be a warm and nurturing environment. We want to find teachers who can contribute to this environment.
The school average is nine years teaching experience, with two-thirds holding advanced degrees. The great majority of teachers we hire have at least four years experience and an advanced degree. We will consider those with less, but your experience and recommendations should be exemplary.
Contracts, Salaries, & Benefits
The initial contract is for two years. Salary and Benefits are consistent with schools in the region.
If you believe you are qualified for any of the positions listed above, send an email directly to the superintendent, Josh Centra at email@example.com. Include a cover letter describing your experience and what you teach best, your CV (resume), and a list of current references. Note: All candidates will be required to provide an FBI background check.
The CIC Superintendent attends various recruiting fairs. In recent years, interviews have been conducted at the Search Associates fairs in Cambridge, the AASSA fair, and the UNI Fair in Iowa. The superintendent may also arrange interviews outside of the formal recruiting fairs using Skype.
If you are new to overseas teaching we recommend that you work through one of the big recruiting agencies. Search Associates, AASSA, UNI and The International Educator (TIE) all provide information and assistance to candidates for overseas positions.
The CIC PSTA is up and running for this 2016-2017 school year. This year we count on a great group of parents, students, and teachers very eager to make this year a memorable experience for all at CIC.
The PSTA supports our school’s educational goals by:
- Organizing school-wide educational and social events to support the school curriculum and to build a strong school community.
- Raising money to support school projects.
- Providing parent volunteers to meet needs within the school.
- Supporting the Room Parents of the Elementary Program.
Some of our projects for this year:
- Continue to improve our parent outreach project through the school website, monthly newsletters and a series of events to bring together the CIC Community. Some of these events this year are: The Welcome Back BBQ, our Halloween Carnival, The Festival of Lights, Holiday Bazaar, Valentines “Fun Day Sundae”, Spring Fling, Cultural or fun trips, Coffee Hours, English Language Classes, Lunch Group, Culinary Club, Exercise Class and Friday Mini Bazaars, etc.
- Getting parents, students, teachers, and administrators together for small projects to improve the school environment, encouraging communication between existing parent groups and providing a liaison to help new families acclimate to the CIC community and Venezuela.
We encourage everyone in the CIC community to get involved and make a difference. If you are interested or need more information, please contact any of the PSTA officers. We now have a FACEBOOK address – PSTA join us to keep abreast of all our activities. We also encourage everyone to submit ideas, questions, and feedback – we have a mailbox in the Elementary Office – or via e-mail. We are looking forward to hearing from you or seeing you at our next meetings!
If you have any questions regarding any of the activities or would like to get involved please contact:
Diana Mederos, Community Liaison
If you have any questions about our school, please do not hesitate to contact us.